When It Gets to This Point, See a Doctor!
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Muscle And Joint Pain Relief and other Pain Relief topics.
Are there leg pain symptoms I should consult my doctor about?
There are some leg pain symptoms that should send up a red flag. These indicate a condition that is beyond the scope of home care and self help and suggest that a more systemic problem may exist that requires medical attention. Here are some things to watch out for:
- The painful leg is also swollen or red
- A fever accompanies the leg pain
- Pain increases when you are walking or moving and decreases when you are at rest
- Discoloration, such as black and blue markings on the leg
- The skin feels cold to the touch or appears pale
- Attempts at taking care of the problem yourself fail to bring relief
Any or all of these may indicate a problem elsewhere in the body, or a condition within the limb that may increase in severity. Seek medical attention to get a proper diagnosis and treatment for muscle pain or leg pain of this sort. To find a clinician in your area, enter your zip code into the free clinician-finder tool on MyBlankHurts.com.