Foot Pain: The Root of All Evil
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Foot Pain Relief and other Pain Relief topics.
What the causes of foot pain?
Let's face it—when your feet hurt, life is simply miserable. Every step is an effort, getting out of bed is a daunting task, putting on fancy shoes becomes a nightmare, and going shopping? Forget it. Symptoms of foot pain can range from mild and annoying to totally debilitating and everything in between. Consider these common feet pain causes:
- Achilles tendinitis: This is a chronic or acute inflammation of the heel cord, which is the tendon at the back of the ankle.
- Fracture: Any one of the twenty-eight bones in the foot is susceptible to fracture from a misstep or trauma.
- Bunion: Bunions primarily occur in the big toe, resulting in swelling and deformity of the joint at the base of the toe.
- Gout: Caused by a buildup of uric acid in the body, painful symptoms of gout typically affect the joint at the base of the big toe.
- Metatarsalgia: The bony bump at the ball of the foot or the base of each toe are the usual sites for this condition.
- Morton's neuroma: This is a compression syndrome involving the nerve bundle between the third and fourth toes.
- Plantar fasciitis: This is an inflammation or tearing of the fibrous band that spans the bottom of the foot, from the base of the toes to the heel.
- Heel spur: If the plantar fascia is tight enough for long enough, an excess growth of bone may form at the insertion point in the heel, causing pain with walking.
No matter the cause, pain in your feet can be very disabling. But, like any other injury, determining the specific cause will allow you to get the proper treatment so that blessed foot pain relief can be found. A clinician in your area, found on the free locator tool on MyBlankHurts.com, will get you on the track to foot pain relief.